World Bank Vendor
NWIM RANEPA received a World Bank Vendor status. This status gives the Institute an opportunity to realize commercial consulting projects together with the International financial organization.
To develop these projects an extensive research in the in the fields of energy, ecology, territorial development, transport, information and communication technologies in Russia and in NIS will be conducted.
Special areas of work may include: public administration, macroeconomics, education and social protection of the population.
It is known that previously, the total budget for the implementation of such consulting projects amounted to more than four billion rubles.
NWIM RANEPA has already realized such commercial projects. Our customers were most often various government agencies: from structural divisions of the administrations of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region, to business support organizations in the regions of Russia.
The Institute’s management and the World Bank representatives have already met in the framework of the strategic session “The Strategy of a Modern University” held at the Institute at the end of last year. As part of the event, the participants discussed the results of a study of key university stakeholders and took an active part in the seminar “Main Trends in the Development of Higher Education”.
NWIM RANEPA takes an active part in the annual megagrants competition. Megagrant is a program of international cooperation between Russian universities and scientific organizations with world-class scientists and leading foreign scientific and educational centers in the fields of science, education and innovation.
The aim of the program is the formation of scientific laboratories under the leadership of world-class scientists who conduct research at the forefront of scientific knowledge. The size of the megagrant is up to 90 million rubles.
NWIM RANEPA is interested in finding and attracting leading foreign scientists to manage the application for participation in the megagrant. The main proposed subject areas for participation are as follows:
- Political science
- Economics and business
- Social and economic geography
- Philosophy, Ethics, Religion
The main requirements for leading scientists are as follows:
- Must participate in only one study submitted to the competition.
- Must have at least 3 publications over the past 5 years in scientific journals indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection database.
- Must be present in person at the laboratory to guide the ongoing research at least 120 days a year.
- The leading scientist cannot be a winner of competitions for grants held by the Government of the Russian Federation in the last 10 years.
- The leading scientist cannot be the current head of the grant of the Russian Science Foundation for the current year.
- The leading scientist must have updated scientometric information on the ResearcherID portal.
- The leading scientist cannot be a person in an employment contract on the territory of a subject of the Russian Federation where the laboratory is being created (St. Petersburg).
- The leading scientist must notify the employer at the main place of work of participation in the application as the head of the megagrant.
If interested, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org